Re: preg_match

On 10/08/06, Peter Lauri <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there,

You are correct that I am stupid to call the manual bad, it was not meant
like that. It was that it was not suited to me, and that I actually just
wanted to find a solution to my problem directly, and it did not give me
that. I have never worked with Regular Expressions before, so I might need
to do some more research on that, it seams to be a good tool :)

I will do some testing in the CMD to learn how to use it, should not be
that
big of a deal :)

Many times the regex looks like rubbish, but that is just because I do not
know the "language" :)

Indeed - remember, regex is a language all of its own and it takes a while
to get comfortable with the syntax and think in regex. The Regex Coach is
great by the way. Also, when you build expressions, build them up slowly,
testing each part as you go.