Re: PHP Debugger Recommendations

On Saturday 22 July 2006 13:43, Dave M G wrote:
> Looking on the net, I can find many PHP *editors*, but they do not have
> debugging features. I need something with call stacks, break points, etc...

I'm not familiar with Windows options (only PHPEdit comes to my mind), but as
far as I can tell, Zend, NuSphere, Komodo and PHPEclipse are main options
when it comes to feature rich IDEs, and I guess all of them are multi
plataform.

For GNU/Linux, there are some folks using Quanta+gubed (a pure php debugger) I
belive.
Me, myself, I use Protoeditor, wich is strictly editor+debugger.

> For fully qualified debuggers, I've found Komodo, which is okay, but
> it's made a little cumbersome by the fact that it can debug multiple
> languages.

Just out of curiosity, what specific problems have you encountered by using a
multilanguage debugger?

> The deal breaker is that when it comes to debugging forms,
> one has to manually simulate inputs.

What do you mean by "simulate"?

> There is also NuSphere, and other Windows options, but I need something
> that will also work on Linux. NuSphere doesn't seem to have released for
> Linux yet, as I can't find anywhere to download it, despite having
> searched their site.

All I can say about NushPhere is that I've used it in GNU/Linux for a while,
but that was 3 years ago.

> Beyond that, I haven't found many, unless I'm mistook some editors for
> not being debuggers (Quanta, Bluefish...)

What about Protoeditor or PHPEclipse?

Thiago