Re: Processing HTML in mail form

On Tue, June 20, 2006 4:56 pm, Jonas Rosling wrote:
> I've done the following code bellow for an e-mail form. But it handles
> the
> HTML tags as text. Is there anyway to get the HTML tags processed to
> form
> the mail?
>
> <?php
>
>     @extract($_POST);

Errr.

You might as well just turn register_globals on, because there is NO
significant difference between the above one line of code and having
register_globals ON.

So if you already know register_globals ON is "bad" and you think
you've made your script "good" turning it OFF and doing this instead,
then you don't really understand what is going on, either with
register_globals, or with extract, or both.

>     $subject = 'Intresseanmalan';
>
>     $forname = stripslashes($forname);

This rigth here tells me that you magic_quotes_gpc on, and you could
easily turn that OFF in .htaccess (probably) for this script at least,
and save yourself a lot of grief as well...

>     $lastname = stripslashes($lastname);

>     $text = 'F-name: '.$forname.'<br>'.

If you want plain old regular text email, just make '<br>' be "\n"

If you want HTML-enhanced (cough, cough) email, do not attempt to
re-invent the wheel, but use something from http://phpclasses.org for
that instead, or PEAR or PECL or whatever.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm