From: Chris [mailto:dmagick@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: June 19, 2006 9:10 PM
To: Beauford
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  GD problems

Beauford wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I started again to see if I could get it to work. I first removed
> everything (libpng, libjpeg, zlib, and PHP). Then as before I followed
> the info in the link below. Now I get the following when I run make
> for PHP. Note also that I can not compile gd on it's own, I had to find a
Slackware package for it.
> Could this be the problem? Again, I have no idea what else to do as I
> have followed all the info I could find on how to get this to work. I
> have also included some info on gd below.
>
> Thanks
>
>  /home/shared/php-5.0.0/ext/gd/libgd/gd_jpeg.c -o
> ext/gd/libgd/gd_jpeg.o  && echo > ext/gd/libgd/gd_jpeg.lo
> /home/shared/php-5.0.0/ext/gd/libgd/gd_jpeg.c:38:21: jpeglib.h: No
> such file or directory
> /home/shared/php-5.0.0/ext/gd/libgd/gd_jpeg.c:39:20: jerror.h: No such
> file or directory

You need the libjpeg-devel, libpng-devel and so on packages to compile
support for these into php. I don't know slackware, so they might be called
-dev or something, but you need the "dev" packages which contain the header
files.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/