RE: GD problems

Beauford wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, but what are these for then - libpng and libjpeg? No
> where does it say I need anything else. I have searched and searched for
> information on installing this and never have I seen anything about -devel
> packages. Even in the link I gave it says nothing about this. I've just
> spent the last hour searching for these packages and can't even come close
> to finding anything - all I get is the ones I've already installed, which
> I'm thinking are one and the same - and they say Windows is bad. It only
> took me 5 minutes in Windows to get this working.  As you can see I'm way
> pass frustrated.
>
> Thanks again

Slackware installs these header files in /usr/include by default - you may
need to add to your configure the following:

--with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr

/var/log/packages contains files for each package you have installed - those
files contain details of what was instaled where.

GD should compile just fine on Slack - it does for me so you may be missing
something iwhen you do configure for gd??

Cheers
--
David Robley

Funny, only sensible people agree with me.
Today is Sweetmorn, the 25th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3172.