Re: GD problems

Beauford wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but what are these for then - libpng and libjpeg? No
where does it say I need anything else. I have searched and searched for
information on installing this and never have I seen anything about -devel
packages. Even in the link I gave it says nothing about this. I've just
spent the last hour searching for these packages and can't even come close
to finding anything - all I get is the ones I've already installed, which
I'm thinking are one and the same - and they say Windows is bad. It only
took me 5 minutes in Windows to get this working.  As you can see I'm way
pass frustrated.

Some things you learn from experience or asking questions :)

It's reasonably standard if you want to compile something into another program, you need the headers (which are in the -devel package mostly). Databases are slightly different in that mysql and postgres (at least) give you a mysql_config and pg_config to tell you about different stuff.

This of course all depends on which system you are running. Most package based systems separate things out so the base package installs binaries only, and the -devel package installs headers and things you need to compile against it. Port systems (*bsd and gentoo for eg) of course are different again.

I thought php told you what you needed, I know some other programs will stop the configure script and say "to compile support for X you need package Y installed". Obviously not..

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/