Re: Re: File Download Headers

On Thu, June 15, 2006 7:41 am, Chris Shiflett wrote:
> Regardless, I think Content-Disposition is the header you need, not
> Content-Type.

It is possible that all "modern" browsers have given in to whichever
johnny-come-lately 'standard' made up the Content-disposition header.

I know for sure it did not work in some browsers back in the day.

I'm only saying that

has worked from the very beginning of time, and is a Documented
Feature, and is incredibly unlikely to ever not work.

If you don't care about ancient, niche, or otherwise "odd" browsers,
fine.

If you want something that works for EVERY browser for the beginning
of time, and will almost-for-sure never not wor, unless the spec
changes in a non-backwards-compatible way, breaking a zillion web
applications...

You choose your headers, and you take your chances.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm