Re: How to disable PHP's POST caching?

Jochem Maas wrote:

why is port 80 a requirement - HTTP can technically over any port.

It must be accessible to any client, no matter what sort of firewall or proxy they go through. The only way to absolutely assure that is, as far as I know, to use port 80. It is the only port that you can count on with a fair degree of certainty, if the user is proxied or firewalled.

I'd just as soon write my own simple webserver, but then it'd run into conflicts with existing webservers on port 80.

My current solution is to buffer data on the client-side, and send a fresh POST request every so many milliseconds (Say, 250) over a keepalive connection with the latest buffered data. The downside of this is that it introduces up to 250ms of latency on top of the existing network latency, and it produces a lot of POST requests. I would really like to eliminate that by streaming the data rather than splitting it up like that.

Regards, Adam Zey.