Re: Parsing images

On Thu, May 11, 2006 1:03 pm, Robert Cummings wrote:
> Edge detection, noise suppression, and data analysis don't quite
> equate
> to recognition. Also 30 years of OCR still requires that the sample be
> good quality and conform to fairly detectable patterns. If this is so
> trivial, I await the release of your captcha parser. The spammers
> would
> probably pay you millions for it. Where exactly is this bleeding edge,
> and where can I read more about it? I think you're quite
> wholeheartedly
> being naive about the complexity of visual recognition. Prove me
> wrong.

Hey, I don't need millions, and I can't claim to solve ALL CAPTCHA
implementations, but show me the hundreds (maybe thousands) and the
*ONE* CAPTCHA impelementation, and I'll give it my best shot.

I already broke one of them, admittedly a pretty bad stupid one.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm