Re: Re: Browser displays blank page, while request still being handled

Others have mentioned that the browser timeout could be a problem.  So
I'm wondering if your script really was completing all the way, but
the browser just gave up on waiting.  Could you try a little test to
take the spaces back out, and write the output of
connection_status() http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.connection-status.php to a file to see during each of the copies to see if the browser does go away?
Browser timeout was indeed mentioned as a possible problem. However, I've tried prolonging those timeouts in Firefox, without result.

This little test of yours sounded like an interesting idea, so I took the spaces back out, and wrote the output of connection_status() to a file. For each of the 700 files I'm copying, I get connection_status() = 0, which means the connection between browser and server is still alive.
Just for my curiosity... do you know for a fact that the script didn't
finish all the way before outputting data?
When the browser displays the blank page, the script is still running. I've checked this by looking in my connection-file at the moment the blank page pops up. At that time, only 600 of the expected 700 entries are there. When I wait a little while (say a minute, or so) and look again at the content of the file, all 700 entries are there, all showing connection_status() = 0. Previously I've checked this by examing the content of the destination directory, which also showed me an incomplete result. Files were still being copied to the destination, while the browser was displaying the blank page.
If you've spent too much time on this already that is fine, I was just
curious for future reference. :)
I don't mind putting in some more time on this problem, and it would satisfy my own curiousity to know what the problem exactly is. And like I mentioned before, I know my solution is a really, really bad one, but it works (for now :-s ).