Re: Browser displays blank page, while request still being handled

I know I used to have an issue with some of that type of stuff, but I
also went in and did an output buffering at the beginning of the script,
ran everything, then output the buffer.  That helped me to clear it up.
 One of the pieces might be outputting something you just aren't seeing
yet...
All of the generated HTML is put into a string-variable. At the end of the publish-procedure this variable is put into $_REQUEST ($_REQUEST["result"] = $result;). In the next "screen" (i.e. the page that gets loaded after the publish-request), $_REQUEST["result"] is read and displayed:

<?php

   $result = $_REQUEST["result"];

?>

<?=$result?>

And this doesn't seem to work. According to the log files, everything happens like it should, even the page containing that code is loaded correctly, but doesn't show anything (because by the time this page is loaded, the browser already got a response...)