Re: Avoiding user refresh of pages with forms

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Lynch" <ceo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "John Wells" <wellsdjohn@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 3:27 AM
Subject: Re:  Avoiding user refresh of pages with forms

On Thu, May 4, 2006 6:37 am, John Wells wrote:
On 5/3/06, Satyam <Satyam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I used that method initially, some months ago, but finally dropped
it.  It
looked nice at first, but then I started getting into problems and
required
too many special cases to make it work.   In the end, it wasn't a
clean nor
elegant solution.

Satyam,

Would you care to give some more details as to those edge cases that
swayed you to drop the unique id approach?  I've just recently added

I'd be interested as well, as I've got an application that's been
running for most of a decade that does this, with no complaints...
[shrug]

Maybe all the indie musicians using it are so web-savvy that none of
them double-click on buttons, hit re-load, or use their back buttons
and re-submit...  Yeah.  That's it.
[that was sarcasm, in case you missed it :-)]

--

Then, I had my version wrong from the start and because of that I never managed to get it right so, in the end, it is not worth it. I would have to dig into the CVS to pick it up but it is nothing to be proud of anyway, nothing to be learned from it except what not to do. Redirecting, though, works fine and never cared to look back.

Satyam