RE: What editor do you use?

On Thu, May 4, 2006 3:39 pm, Nicolas Verhaeghe wrote:
> Well, I like the autocomplete feature, allows me to work faster.
>
> How about that? More time to go do what you like to do better.

I actually find that autocomplete, and even syntax-highlighting,
merely distract me as the screen re-draws and pops stuff up in my
face, when I'm trying to type 100 wpm (or whatever my speed is) in a
brain dump from the code in my brite-board (a mental whiteboard).

There are even times (admittedly long ago) when I literally had to
turn OFF the silly colours because the editor was losing characters --
I was typing too fast for it to do both. :-)

I doubt that that is an issue in today's good editors on good hardware.

Though I reckon I might be able to out-type some modern handhelds with
a fancy editor... :-)

The handful of functions I have to actually look up on php.net (mostly
image* with 8+ arguments), I want the prototype line copy/pasted into
my source anyway, for when I want to change the args, as the ordering
of the args in those functions rarely is what I expect.

That said:  The editors lists you will find if you Google ARE up to
date, and this IS a bad question.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm