Re: Paged Results Set in MySQL DB with one result

On Wed, May 3, 2006 6:57 pm, Jochem Maas wrote:
> a. who said anything about sessions?

Jay did.

He suggested sucking down the whole article, paginating it all, and
cramming the pages into session, presumably so you don't have to suck
down the whole article again.

Which, by the way, is what I dislike about most of these answers...

If the article is REALLY big, a query to get the whole damn thing is
slow.

>> parsing for html comments that could get blasted by an  errant edit.
>
> the marker is either there or not - and if it'd borked (e.g. '<!--
> PAGE MAR')
> then it would break the page, sure - but so could ANY broken markup so
> the argument
> is somewhat moot. besides a routine to strip markers (broken or
> otherwise) is
> as simple to write as marker splitting function is.

I think the assumption is that the article is actually HTML in the
databse...

At which point, almost any pagination you try to do programmatically
is just plain borked.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm