Re: PHP Standard style of writing your code

Richard Lynch schrieb:
On Tue, May 2, 2006 4:07 am, Barry wrote:
[snip]

Barry;

I'm sorry, but you screwed up the indentation in the sample with
in-line brackets.

So, duh, it's unreadable.

It's not quite easy to intend in mail clients because that might be they are not suited for coding at all.

I can read them equally fast, because they are properly indented.

Now what?

And i can't. Now what?
See that's the problem.
We are talking about standarts and not a "Richard Lynch-Standard".
Sorry, it doesn't mean anything to this thread if you can read it good / fast or not.
Neither if i can.

No, I suffer like anybody else does when you're on that small a screen.
I coded BASIC in school on 12" monochrome screens and never had any problems reading code.
That might be because you just had one line above with File, Edit and such.
Nowadays the whole screen is filled with blinky toolboxes and code insight class showing thingies. No wonder ppl start to compress the code as much as possible to have their beautiful usless stuff on screen.

Well, I suffer a little bit less than you do, as I've wasted fewer
lines. :-)

Really, you cant waste something where you have infinite of it.

Errr.  Okay Barry.  All the code written on small monitors is
inherently bad in your world-view. :-)

I told you: That's IMHO no way you can code good in such places.
Never said it's bad code just said it's bad to code!

I'm outta this thread.
Probably a good choice since you like to not read statements and comments properly.

Barry

--
Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)