Re: PHP Standard style of writing your code

On Tue, May 2, 2006 4:07 am, Barry wrote:
[snip]

Barry;

I'm sorry, but you screwed up the indentation in the sample with
in-line brackets.

So, duh, it's unreadable.

> I bet you would have problems coding so much nested IFs or such, i did
> had them writing that first style above.

I haven't had a problem with it in 20 years of coding.

>> Bzzzzt.
>>
>> Without indentation, it's just garbage.
>
> I've seen ppl coding like that.
> And using that inline bracket method just makes it so hard to read.

Once again, I'm sorry you find it hard to read.

But then, since you indented improperly when you used inline braces,
that's no surprise. :-)

>> If you indent, you see it as you scroll through without actually
>> "reading" it no matter where you put the braces.
>
> I give an example.
> Probably you see for yourself what of those would be rad better and
> "faster" (^_^)

[snip]

I can read them equally fast, because they are properly indented.

Now what?

>> I frequently code on smaller monitors -- laptop, ancient desktop,
>> stripped-down flat-panel monitor that fits inside a rack-mount 2-RU
>> shelf in my sound booth...
> Yes, and some people actually code on PALM handhelds and i have seeing
> ppl coding on mobile phones.
> There won't fit your 80 chars per line style. Are you going to strip
> it
> down to 13 per line now because of that?

No, I suffer like anybody else does when you're on that small a screen.

Well, I suffer a little bit less than you do, as I've wasted fewer
lines. :-)

> But i think i would just give up coding.
> That's IMHO no way you can code good in such places.

Errr.  Okay Barry.  All the code written on small monitors is
inherently bad in your world-view. :-)

I'm outta this thread.

--
Like Music?