Re: PHP Standard style of writing your code

On Tue, May 2, 2006 8:49 am, tedd wrote:
>>  > And for your problem with viewing. probably try to get a 19"
>> monitor.
>>>  They are not that expencive anymore.(The CRT ones)
>>>  Even on 1024x768 you see LOTSA code.
>>
>>I frequently code on smaller monitors -- laptop, ancient desktop,
>>stripped-down flat-panel monitor that fits inside a rack-mount 2-RU
>>shelf in my sound booth...
>>
>>I can't really lug a 19" monitor all over, and there's no room in my
>>sound booth for it, what with the amps, sound boards, computer, CD
>>duplicator, etc.
>
> If cost is not an object, consider a MacBook Pro -- it runs windozes
> and has a 17 inch monitor, which provides 1680 x 1050 resolution.
> Nice monitor for a laptop.

We're talking about several different machines here...

The laptop, the computer in the sound booth, and my desktop.

None of which have particularly large monitors...

The desktop "could" have a large monitor if A) I could afford it or B)
I could manage to jury-rig the ancient RssterOps 21" to the AT-case
KVM switch...  Well, not today.

Focusing mostly on the "smallest" monitor in question, an LCD 13" with
the leg-stand ripped off:

A) Cost is an object.
B) Weight is an object, for laptop.
C) Space is an object.
D) I'm reasonably certain it won't fit in the sound booth 1 RU space.
E) I don't WANT Windows in my sound booth. Nor OS X, for that matter.

I'm quite happy with the gear I have, actually.

Come to think of it, even with the 21" monitor on my old desktop, I
still wanted "maximum" code on-screen at any given time. [shrug]

I should have left the actual monitor size out of it -- Or just
ignored it when it got dragged in.

You need to understand that I"m the kind of guy who keeps using the
same desktop AMD K6 450 mHz for, oh, 10 years now? because it works
fine.

I spend 99% of my ssh-ed out to some BSD server somewhere anyway, so
why would I blow a fortune on a new desktop?

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm