Re: Help!

On Sat, April 29, 2006 11:11 am, Jochem Maas wrote:
> Dave Goodchild wrote:
>> All my variables are correctly delimited.
>
> strings constants are delimited not variables, semantically speaking.

Not to mention that they CANNOT be correctly delimited, or you would
NOT be seeing that error message.

It's that simple.

You SHOULD have the apostrophes (or quotes) on non-numeric array indices.

PHP issues an E_NOTICE error message if you don't.  You may have
suppressed that message, and chosen to ignore it, but that doesn't
"fix" the code.

After all, using the SAME mechanism of suppression, you can choose to
ignore ALL PHP errors, no matter how drastic.  Surely you cannot claim
that ignoring an error that halts the script in the middle of
execution is somehow "correct"

>> And don't make assumptions about what my code looks like
>
> why not? besides how are you going to stop someone from assuming your
> code looks like [x]?

One HAS to make assumptions about the code when you fail to post
sufficient information about the code to correctly answer your
question.

> - I am asking for help, not judgements, and my
>
> Richard didn't judge, he merely aired a thought (and added 'if my
> theories are correct' for good measure).
>
>   besides you only control the question not the answer.
>
> oh and Richard is one of the best people on this list to be helping
> you
> - alienating him isn't in your best interests.

You have to work at it pretty hard to alienate me... :-)

>> I am not a spammer either,
>> this is an application for the marketing department of a charity.
>
> charities can potentially spam just as much as anybody - that they
> happen to
> have a 'good cause' doesn't give them a 'get out of jail free' card,
> they have to
> obey the email-marketing rules just like any other organization.

Yeah, I get a fair amount of spam from otherwise legitimate charities.

Which is a shame, since then they DEFINITELY are not getting any money
from me, ever again.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm