Re: Help!

Wrong - both versions run on the same server (virtual hosts but same php.ini).
I will check the values however, thanks!

On 29/04/06, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, April 28, 2006 8:57 am, T.Lensselink wrote:
>> In the demo version the script accesses the $_GET array - an example
>> value:
>>
>> $data[email]
>>
>> ..which works fine in the demo app. If I quote all the values thus
>> in the
>> new version:
>>
>> $data['email']
>>
>> ..the arguments appear in the correct order. I understand the second
>> format
>> is better to disambiguate constants but the former format works fine
>> for
>> the
>> demo version. Any reason for the discrepancy?

The demo is running on a badly-configured server with the default
value for error_reporting of E_ALL ~ E_NOTICE

So you never *SEE* the error notice message on the demo server --
because it's getting swallowed.

On the REAL server, which is properly configured with E_ALL, you are
seeing the E_NOTICE messages telling you that your code is broken
because not putting quotes there is just plain broken.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

--
http://www.web-buddha.co.uk

dynamic web programming from Reigate, Surrey UK (php, mysql, xhtml, css)

look out for project karma, our new venture, coming soon!