Re: Help!

On Fri, April 28, 2006 9:01 am, Dave Goodchild wrote:
> Thanks - now the parameters reach the function intact but the mailer
> still
> does not work. Basically, the form is a self-reloader. If the form has
> been
> submitted and the data validated (including emails sent) it displays a
> thank
> you message. Otherwise it shows the starter form.
>
> All that happens when I submit is a white page - no errors
> (display_errors
> is on and error reporting set to the default level) and no html. Nada.
> When
> I try and view source I am given the browser re-post warning.

Probably:
The "demo" server is also badly-configured to show you error messages,
and the "real" server is properly-configured to not display error
messages in the browser.

You'll need to check the Apache error logs and see if the error
messages are there, or check php.ini to see if that's also turned off
-- which it might be for performance reasons...

The big problem is that your code doesn't have any sort of sanity
checking on the data, nor any decent error-handling...

It's way beyond the scope of this list to correct that, really, other
than to tell you that you really need to write a lot more code to
validate your data, and to catch and handle error conditions.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm