Re: Need help in identifying a PHP application.

STFW and if it doesn't exist then write it, thats generaly how one
goes about fulfilling a need with php.

Ananth Kesari wrote:
Hi,

I have a need for an idea management PHP application that gives me an
UI with multiple fields (text boxes, radio buttons etc.) which
correspond to different columns of a MySQL database. An user initiates
this by clicking on an URL, fills in certain fields and submits the
form. This then creates the tables and should send out a mail to certain
mail ids that there is a new entry. At a later point of time someone
else can enter info into certain fields (columns of the tables) giving
the same id as it was created. He should not be able to meddle with the
original fields that user1 had entered. Another user can come at even
later stage and enter info into a few more fields (columns of the
tables). All these fields are created at the first stage itself since we
will be fixing the number of fields.

I thnk I speak for pretty much everyone here when I say: we know what a webpage
and database table/field is, no need to spell it out.

Can you let me know of any application that does all these? If this is
a wrong forum to ask this type of question, can you tell me where I can
post this query?

in the little box at the top of most search engines pages is a good
place to start.

also have you heard of sourceforge, freshmeat, hotscripts or any other of
many, many sites that house scripts/projects (not all php mind you) of all
sorts (inclduing maybe one that fits your bill).

this is not:

php-give-me-ready-to-roll-custom-application-based-on-my-custom-specs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

easy mistake to make.

ps - my faith in Novell just took a beating.

Thanks,
Ananth.