Re: PHP6 just became my worst nightmare.

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 17:29, Jochem Maas wrote:

*lol* While I feel for you, I'm pretty sure you were on that bandwagon
telling all us PHP4 clinger-ons to suck it up and upgrade cuz PHP5 is
sooooooo KEWL. Now you have an inkling why some of us weren't so keen ;)

my argument for _using_ php5 was a little more subtle, I argued that developing
*new* applications on php4 when php5 was already long out of the door was counter
productive to adoption of php5 (which eventually has a kickback to it's general
usage and therefore our employability - if php never moves beyond php4 how long
will it remain such a force?)

besides I run a number of php4 servers which will never make the move to php5
because the code is too big/nasty/complex to make the refactoring a viable
option.

oh well back to the drawingboard - I guess I still have few months to refactor
100,000 lines of code :-P

rgds,
Jochem

Cheers,