Instalation Nightmares For Word Press Please Help

Hi.
need to install word press version 2.0.
and now using easy php 1-8, and set up my my sql settings in the wpConfig.php file, and my username is localhost and the password is root. when i try to load it in the browser, using http://localhost/install.php which i put in the www. folder of easy php 1-8, i get this error in the browser:

There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started. Need more help?
We got it.
You can
create a wp-config.php file through a web interface,
but this doesn't work for all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file.

and will paste the code for the wpConfig.php file.

<?php
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress');    // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', 'localhost');     // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'root'); // ...and password
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value

// You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique prefix
$table_prefix  = 'wp_';   // Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!

// Change this to localize WordPress.  A corresponding MO file for the
// chosen language must be installed to wp-includes/languages.
// For example, install de.mo to wp-includes/languages and set WPLANG to 'de'
// to enable German language support.
define ('WPLANG', '');

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');
require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-settings.php');
?>
if any one has had nightmares trying to install this, and have tried several times, downloading, unzipping, into a folder called WordPress, copying and pasting in to easy php, can any one help me how to get it to the first install screen?
this one is driving me insane!
if any one has had the same problem, how did they get round this one?
let me know asap.
cheers Marvin.