Re: flash file to recognize SESSION or REQUEST variables?

On Mon, April 10, 2006 11:46 pm, Sunnrunner wrote:
> A client asked me this question. Does anyone know what it means or can
> someone explain and give me an answer.
>
> Thanks. T
>
> How can we get the link in the URL of the flash file to recognize
> SESSION or
> REQUEST variables? You know like GET or POST? I need to do something
> like.
>
> url =
> "https://secure.store.com/HousewivesUnleashed.306/buy.cfm?p=1000141&m=306&dc
> wid=$_REQUEST['aid']&udfo2=$_REQUEST['sid']";
>
> as opposed to what we currently have.
>
> url = "https://secure.
> store.com/HousewivesUnleashed.306/buy.cfm?p=1000141&m=306";
>
> Thoughts?

SESSION ID is usually stored in the COOKIES.

The Cookies do not transfer from domain to domain, and, depending on
the settings of the SetCookie/headers, won't transfer from HTTP to
HTTPS.
[Actually, they might NEVER trasfer, but I forget...]

I *think* the Cookie data gets folded into $_REQUEST, but you'd have
to check that to be sure.

However, 'sid' is probably supposed to be 'PHPSESSID' and, for sure,
you should NOT have '' around it when it's embedded inside ""

The actual name of the Cookie, default to PHPSESSID, could have easily
been changed in your PHP code, or php.ini, or .htacess or...

So, all told, my best guess at the correct answer is:
$url = "https://...&dcwid=$_REQUEST[aid]&udfo2=$_REQUEST[PHPSESSID]";;

You'll need to do a bit of research/work to find out for sure, though.

print_r($_REQUEST);
is your friend.

--
Like Music?