Re: private $foo

At 8:43 AM -0600 3/29/06, Philip Thompson wrote:
On Mar 29, 2006, at 8:25 AM, tedd wrote:

I have been programming since the mid 70's and foo was in the lexcon at
that point. I guess I am old school.

People have been programming since the 70's?!!?!! I didn't think it was possible until the early 90's! Wow I must be young! ;)

~Philip

~Philip:

Read up on the history of computers -- the first programmer, as I recall, was one Lady Lovelace who programmed Babbage's first mechanical computer (if you don't count the abacus) in the early 1800's.

Of course, I remember programming with rocks and that was before we had zero's. We only had one's and that was a programming nightmare. You new guys at least have 1's and 0's to work with.

Best,

tedd

tedd,

I laughed my head off about your 'rocks' statement! Thanks for that. For those of you who didn't pick up on my sarcasm previously, do so now. =D I'm not *that* young. Hehe

~PRT

You're welcome. As this list gets to know me, I think you'll find I have a slightly different, and often humorous, perspective on everything. As Oscar Wilde once said "Life is far too important to be taken seriously."

tedd