Re: private $foo

On Mar 28, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Jay Blanchard wrote:

[snip]
That's interesting -- not meaning any disrespect, and this is just an
opinion -- but in the newly published "PHP Phrasebook" by Christian
Wenz (an excellent book btw), he says:

"Another phrase I promise you will not find in this book is anything
that looks like foo, bar, baz, or any other proofs of very little
imagination."

While you may not agree with his statement, but I personally don't
like the use of terms like those for I find them confusing. I would
much rather like to see real world examples. From there I can make
the translation to what I want. But using terms like $foo just adds
another level of abstraction for me understand. But, I'm also simple.
[/snip]

I have been programming since the mid 70's and foo was in the lexcon at
that point. I guess I am old school.

People have been programming since the 70's?!!?!! I didn't think it was possible until the early 90's! Wow I must be young! ;)

~Philip