Re: How to create RSS feeds with PHP?

On 3/28/06, Merlin <news.groups@xxxxxx> wrote:
> chris smith schrieb:
> > On 3/28/06, Merlin <news.groups@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I am wondering if there are already tools out there which do
> >> create RSS feeds on the fly with the help of PHP.
> >>
> >> My goal would be to create RSS dynamicly out of a LAMP App. to
> >> syndicate the results.
> >>
> >> Are there any tools you know about?
> >
> > This might get you started:
> >
> > http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2957.html
> >
> > --
> > Postgresql & php tutorials
> > http://www.designmagick.com/
> Thank you! That works great. Do you know about a class which does
> the other way around? I mean there are a couple of webservices out there
> which you can use to generate the JavaScript code on the fly via their php
> script. But that relies on an external website which is not my intention.
> My goal would be to have a PHP script which provides the possibility to create
> a JS file to parse the XML stream.
> So basicly to provide the people who would like to integrate my RSS feeds with a
> few lines of copy and paste JavaScript code to include into their blogs.

This is how ajax works.. so yes it is possible.

Check out:
http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/xmlhttpreq.html
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/02/09/xml-http-request.html
http://jibbering.com/2002/4/httprequest.html

It's hard to give a specific example because some of it depends on the
clients website and how it works (whether it's tables, divs etc)...

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/