RE: Re: Accessing data posted from a different URL

[snip]
>[snip]
>Okay, I'm sorry.  Dude, you touched a soft spot.  It's important, to
me,

>that people respect standards.  The wealth of information and
>communication possibilities that exist today is, in no small part,
>fueled by the adoption of international standards.
>[/snip]
>
>That's cool. As far as web development is concerned there are no
>'standards', only 'recommendations'. If we had standards we would have
>fewer problems with differences between browsers.

I agree, but no one is laying standards on M$ -- they do whatever the
hell they want -- and that's one of the reasons there are so many
differences between browsers, especially theirs.

I understand why IE6 has about 60 percent of the users, but FireFox
is gaining fast at 25 percent last month which beats out everything
else except IE6.
[/snip]

If there were standards each of the browser makers would adhere to them
and then add their 'features' on top of those standards. Non-compliant
browsers would be left in the dust.

I remember a time when Netscape was the leading browser.