RE: Re: Accessing data posted from a different URL

I agree, but no one is laying standards on M$ -- they do whatever the
hell they want -- and that's one of the reasons there are so many
differences between browsers, especially theirs.

I understand why IE6 has about 60 percent of the users, but FireFox
is gaining fast at 25 percent last month which beats out everything
else except IE6.
[/snip]

If there were standards each of the browser makers would adhere to them
and then add their 'features' on top of those standards. Non-compliant
browsers would be left in the dust.

I remember a time when Netscape was the leading browser.

Yeah, and I still have the 3.5 inch disks of other browsers that preceded Netscape -- but, that's not the point.

The point is that M$ will not bow down to w3c, or any other standard set, unless it's proved to them it's in their best interest to do so. As is it now, they still can rain on any standard's parade and do whatever they want. Just take a look at how they handle Unicode in URLs in IE7.

As for browsers being left in the dust, web designers still have to design for even outdated browsers to get the greatest number of visitors -- and that fact will be around for a long time.

Keep in mind that the rest of the world is tuning into the net via equipment and software that may not be the newest and best. So, if you want that market, then you have to consider their environment.

tedd