Re: Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_match()

On Mon, March 20, 2006 4:58 am, Barry wrote:
> M. Sokolewicz wrote:
>> Since when can you "unset" functions from within php scripts??
>> (except
>> with specialized modules, which we'll just ignore for now).
> Why ignore them for now?
> Doesn't make sense for me ...

Because the number of people who have installed the RTI module, so
they can re-wire the guts of PHP on the fly, and completely screw up
their system on purpose in the process, is a very very very very small
number.

And the odds that the OP actually installed RTI, *and* managed to do
what it would take to un-define preg_match with it, and still have his
system doing anything else useful, are slim to none, and Slim's out of
town.

:-)

>  >>Recently I am getting the following error on some of my PHP-enabled
>  >>websites. I think it started when I went from PHP4 -> PHP5.
>
> He went from 4 to 5, do you know what 4 had compiled in? no you don't.
> Why don't just ignore he went from 4 to 5.
> So we can see this post as "i installed php 5 and got error X"
>
> Sorry, i think that's big nonsense.

What exactly is nonsense?

That installing PHP5 and messing up ./configure to not have PCRE is a
very very very common mistake?

The previous advice given is almost-for-sure 100% correct:

PCRE didn't get complied in -- it's not there -- install it

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm