Re: Re: Accessing data posted from a different URL

Hello,

on 03/20/2006 07:16 PM Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) said the following:
>> Some people insist on making everything XHTML compliant just they assume
>> that otherwise it would not be "Web standards" compliant. That is a
>> silly claim that only leads to all sorts of problems.
>>

> That assertion is 100% untrue.
>
> First of all, XHTML is an excellent idea.  Having been based in XML
> (which is easier to parse than SGML - the markup base for HTML), XHTML
> is a much, much more interoperable standard.  Second of all, the spec
> has made a number of clarifications which should result in more
> cross-browser predictability.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Read again.

>> For instance, if you use method="post" because XHTML specification says
>> everything should be in lower case, you will have problems with some
>> browsers and e-mail programs that only accept POST in upper case and
>> fallback to GET when they find something else.
>>

> Oh, for God's sake, stop selling snake oil.  I'm willing to bet $100
> that you haven't even read the specification and are inventing crap as
> you go.

Put that gun down. I am not interested in flame wars. If you do not know
how to discuss something that you disagree in a civilized manner without
departing to personal insult, sorry I can not justify giving you any
further attention.

> For the record, the specification does not say that attribute values
> need to be lowercase, only attribute *names*.  You can put "PoST" or
> "pOST" if you feel like it, and the markup validation status will not
> change a bit.

That is not what the W3C validator thinks. Try entering the following
HTML in the W3C markup validator page and see for yourself why people
are using post in lowercase because they think being XHTML compliant is
a good thing.

http://validator.w3.org/#validate-by-input

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>