Re: How does one obtain the resolution of an image in PHP?

Simon:

Thank you for your response, Tedd.

No problem, glad to help if I can.

I think so, but I am a bit dense.  I'm not concerned with image size but
rather
native resolution.  Thanks again for taking the time.
Simon

Yes, but that's a different question.

On one hand, you have an image that can be presented in numerous resolutions.

On the other hand, how was the image first obtained?

Some images contain that information, but it's defined by the device that captured the image, for example:

http://www.exif.org/samples.html

In that data set is a host of other information, such as shutter-speed, flash, focal-length, camera make, model, and such. Check out:

http://www.digicamhelp.com/what-is-exif/

If you want to access these data via php, check out:

http://us3.php.net/exif

But understand, not all images contain that information.

HTH's

tedd