Re: Re: Incremental Date Based ID

At 09:05 PM 3/7/2006, Kevin Murphy wrote:

Well, part of the issue is that I want to be able to use this as part
of the link:

/news.php?article=2006-03-05a
/news.php?article=2006-03-05b

which i will eventually do a htacess rewrite to make it look like

/news/2006-03-05a.php
/news/2006-03-05a.php

I don't think I can do that with just the Unix timestamp.
<snip>

Why not - treat the number as a string and assign that to the file.
I was under the impression you were storing the articles in a database.

Alternately, create a directory for each year, one for each month within the year, one for each day within the month, then sequence alphabetically within the day. Does this resemble the structure of the MS knowledgebase? Yep!

The first year Allnovascotia.com was published we did something like that, although the articles just had regular titles.

In any event - have fun.

Cheers - Miles

PS Convention in this group is to bottom post. /mt