RE: LDAP and Single Sign On

[snip]
We are developing an intranet for my company. I would like to implement
a single sign on service. We have Active Directory on one server and the
intranet is being housed on a Redhat Linux server. When the internal
user pulls up the intranet, I would like it to check to see if they
successfully joined the domain when they logged into their personal
machine, if so they do not need to log on to the intranet. Does anybody
have any links to tutorials on this? Thanks!

[/snip]

Just to be clear, you want to take the network logon (from the Windows
environment) and compare it against the AD via LDAP when someone
accesses the intranet to make sure that they are authorized?

I don't think that it is possible; it is a question that I have asked
before. I have seen this sort of behavior before; when all of the boxes
were Windows boxes (IIS web servers, etc).

As far as I can tell you will have to ask the user to login at the web
application level again, but you can verify it against your AD via LDAP
with the basic stuff from http://www.php.net/ldap