Re: Linux distributions and tools for Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL dev

Thanks for the advice-- I've run Linux without a GUI for a long time,
so I'm quite familiar with hand compilations--  but I always wondered
if I was just missing something with packaging systems that it seemed
to REQUIRE hand-compilation to get a workable development LAMP system.
Anytime I tried using packages some need seemed to force me back to
doing it by hand.

So I guess my more specific question would have been: Are there any
distributions that actually TARGET developers and I Was curious about
desktop tools. I own Zend but tend to use Homesite and Emacs in
regular doses. Guess I will probably stick with Emacs and use Zend
more. I know enough Vim to survive, but it just isn't "me" :)