Re: not sure, what now

On 2/26/06, Schalk <schalk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I am pretty new to PHP and are tasked to move a clients site from:
>
> www.domain.com/somedirectory/home.php to www.home.php

If you're moving a clients site wouldn't your work be a better place
to ask? They will have processes etc to follow on how to do this and
will be able to help you a lot quicker than anyone here.

> Sounds simple at first but, when I moved the files to the root of the
> httpdocs I get an array of errors in the vain of:
> *Warning*: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
> File(../inc/siteconfig.php) is not within the allowed path(s):
> (/home/httpd/vhosts/sealbeachprofessionals.com/httpdocs:/tmp) in
> /home/httpd/vhosts/sealbeachprofessionals.com/httpdocs/home.php on line 1
>
> What exactly does this mean? I am sure there must be a config somewhere
> that has set it up to load from the sub directory and now it prevents it
> from loading from the root directory. Is this correct? What exactly does
> this error mean? Thanks to all!*

Open_basedir restricts where you can access files (see
http://www.php.net/features.safe-mode and search for 'open_basedir' to
tell you exactly what it does).

If you are in this folder:

/home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs

you are trying to include '../inc/siteconfig.inc.php'

so that means you are trying to access:

/home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/inc/siteconfig.inc.php

which isn't in the open_basedir list (so php is stopping you).

Adjust the path to the 'siteconfig.inc.php' file and you should be right to go.