Re: not sure, what now

On 2/25/06, Schalk <schalk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I am pretty new to PHP and are tasked to move a clients site from:
>
> www.domain.com/somedirectory/home.php to www.home.php

Is there a .php tld?

Sounds simple at first but, when I moved the files to the root of the
> httpdocs I get an array of errors in the vain of:
> *Warning*: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
> File(../inc/siteconfig.php) is not within the allowed path(s):
> (/home/httpd/vhosts/sealbeachprofessionals.com/httpdocs:/tmp) in
> /home/httpd/vhosts/sealbeachprofessionals.com/httpdocs/home.php on line 1
>
> What exactly does this mean? I am sure there must be a config somewhere
> that has set it up to load from the sub directory and now it prevents it
> from loading from the root directory. Is this correct? What exactly does
> this error mean? Thanks to all!*

Make a phpinfo file(google for phpinfo), and check it for a configureation
path. It will probably be something like /etc/php.ini or /etc/php/php.ini,
or /this/that/something/else/php.ini. Open up this php.ini file and check
for the open_basedir