Re: Altering subject of email in a pop3 mailbox

Chris wrote:
IG wrote:
Is it possible to alter a subject line (or body for that matter) of an email in a pop3 mailbox?

If it's already in the mailbox, then I highly doubt you can do this.

You need to do this on the way in before it gets to the account.

Consider the ramifications if you could:

Anyone could login to your mail account and change the emails already there.

Eek!

Thanks- I completely see your point.

How do antispam filters work on client's computers? They seem to have no problem with adding to subjects. Also our hosting provider uses a spam filter which adds it to the subject line. However I am finding that not particularly good.

Many thanks,

IG