Re: Altering subject of email in a pop3 mailbox

Thanks, Nobody Special.

You like filling people with confidence. We all have to start somewhere don't we? I am starting this completely from scratch and it will be quite a while before I put this into service.

However thanks for the information on mail boxes. I don't have much knowledge on them because they are all run by our hosting provider. If you could point me to somewhere where I can find more information out on mailboxes I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

IG

Nobody Special wrote:
POP is a protocol used for a client to retrieve emails from a mail
box.  There are not pop3 mail boxes.  The types of mail boxes are mbox
and maildir.    You cannot modify a message using the pop3 protocol.

I think you are the last person I would want writing a spam filter
because you don't seem to know how mail is stored to begin with.