RE: PHP documentation solutions? (PHPDoc, Doxygen, ???)

[snip]
In the spirit of re-inventing the wheel... I rolled my own JinnDoc.
[/snip]

My single largest arguement against these kinds of tools were the additional
mark-up required.  Code commentary, done properly, can yield the same
results without additional mark-up. I'd rather be able to insert a code
comment or html comment with a simple 'type' to tell me what the commentary
is. It makes it much more universal where auto-doc harvesters are concerned
and removes the requirement for page level elements to be stated first, etc.

example(s)

/* type=description
 *
 * describe whatever is being described here
 */

or

<!-- type="description"
whatever is being described