Re: how to build custom/private pear packages

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 22:33 -0800, Curt Zirzow wrote:

> with more research I came accross this place:
>
>   http://pearadise.net/

Well aware of pearadise.net. I was just waiting to actually get some
content going before registering there...

> Hopefully the more people take advantage of this the more it will
> get used, i really like ;this concept.

Absolutely! It is an excellent concept. For us in Africa, I see many
more possibilities too... I would like to see permission from the pear
project to mirror all of the pear packages to localised repositories
like this as bandwidth nodes for low bandwidth countries. Even in a
relatively good environment in South Africa, we sometimes struggle to
get required packages, but this is nullified by local mirrors.

I also see possibilities for distributing entire applications too, as
well as language packs for localising software.

My only complaint with the Channel Server so far, is that the
commandline actions are not multilingual, same with the package2.xml
files...

--Paul