  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gerry Danen

  I know. I can even create an image in Corel Paint Shop Pro at 600 dpi
  and it shows that. I still see only the 800x600 pixels. Where the dpi
  is useful is lost on me. Do you know?

  Gerry

  On 2/15/06, Karuna <karuna.kgx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  > Yes, but it is something that's stored in the file. If you go to the
file
  > properties (on windows), you'll notice that dpi is mentioned.

"Gerry Danen" <gdanen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Isn't DPI a function of the output device? Has nothing to do with the
image, it just has x pixels by y pixels...

On 2/15/06, Kim Christensen <kim.christensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2/15/06, Karuna <karuna.kgx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks. I might give the new versions a try :)
> >
> > IIRC, I think the unix exif function returns dpi as well but I'm working
> > on
> > a windows machine without cygwin, so can't be certain.
>
> You might want to check this package:
> http://www.ozhiker.com/electronics/pjmt/index.html

Gerry