Re: memory leak when referencing associative arrays

Gonzalo MC wrote:
Hi Jochem,

Thank you very much for your reply!

no problem :-)

Your reply lend me this morning to had a look again at the code, and I have solved more than half of the trouble caused by a leak on a PhpGtk function! :-)

Sorry for the more long reply than it should be, but I hope you'll have the time to read it. Unfortunately, I have not fount an easyier way to explain the thing and get to something with meaning.

well I read it, but I didn't understand all of it. not to worry.

as a sidenote - reading about the objects (some gtk style wotsit) in your codebase
I got the impression that the unfreed memory is possibly [mostly] to do with those -
my memory usage problems are always to do with objects (remember in php that
object variables basically work semantically like scalar values as opposed to php5
where object variables are handles to objectsa and effectively[, always,] work like
[php] references of normal variables)

I'd concentrate on getting those objects 'tuned' - generous but highly controlled
use of the '&' symbol to force objects to be passed by reference where possible/relevant
(e.g. when using the 'new MyObject;' syntax) can also help.