Re: how to learn php

I started out by getting a reference manual, one with every function
describing what the function does. Just like the php.net online function
reference but one that can be read lying on the couch.

Now when I need some code to do something I'll remember there's a function
for it (maybe) and I go to php.net and search for it.

I search for PHP examples online for more advanced stuff than I can do and
study it. This gives me some knowledge of proper approach to coding; when to
use what.

Finally if the code looks funky I send a snip to this list and someone will
suggest a better function or approach.

Oh yea, this is great, I use Dreamweaver's (grimace) PHP coding abilities to
get projects started. Dreamweaver can do the preliminary basic database
connection stuff: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE pages. Then I hack the Dreamweaver
code.

Doing a MySQL tutorial is a good idea too.