Re: Static and Global at the same time!

Andrei wrote:

    What's the use of global static variables?

<humor small_print="no accounting for taste">
heh! we need to teach them to test out their own basic questions
and assumptions before we move them onto real analysis & deduction.
</humor>

I agree though that a 'global static' looks to be pointless, then again
the behaviour in my little test wasn't what I expected to see exactly:
namely that you can set a single variable to static and global one at
a time [inside a function] but that the order in which you do it affects
how the variable 'works'.

	- see my other post in this thread

    Andy

Miguel Guirao wrote:

Hello list!!

Can I have a variable that is static and global at the same time within a
function?
Let's say I have:

$data = "";

function newdata() {
  static global $data;
  $data [$i] = $newdatatobestored_inthearray;
}

Best Regards,

Miguel Guirao Aguilera
Logistica R8 TELCEL