automating creation of thumbnails

I remember the other day someone was asking for a way to easily
create a bunch of thumbnails from image files. I just spotted this:
http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2846.html

"This is a simple class that can be used to generate thumbnails of
image files. It can resize the images so they do not exceed a given
width or height. The images are loaded as true color to preserve the
quality as much as possible during the rescale operation. Currently,
the images can be loaded and saved in the JPEG and GIF formats."

Geoff.