Re: Grouping

Sound like a straightforward control-break (at least, that's what
they used to call it in the COBOL days :-)

assuming you're getting data into an assoc array called $records,
you could stick this into your loop:

{
	$letter = $records['LastName']{0};
	if ($prev != $letter) {
		print("<br>$letter$sep");
		$prev = $letter;
	}
	print($records['LastName'] . "<br>");
}

If you want to keep it neat, you can put it in a function, using a
static var to keep hold of $prev. It can return an empty string when
there is no change, or the delimiter if the letter has changed.

Geoff.