Re: odd behavior

Ok.. now maybe a constructive answer :)

If I recall, PHP on Windows will look for PHP.INI in your Windows system folder (in this case C:\WINNT) first, then in the folder where PHP is installed.  Deleting the PHP.INI under WINNT should be fine (sounds like removing that makes things work ok for you).  I'd think phpinfo() would show that it's in C:\PHP (or whereever) in that case.

If for some reason you need to use PHP.INI in C:\WINNT then let me ask...  if you go to http://www.site.com/ (no index.php) on it, is that when you get the 404?  Then you say you refresh and it works fine? (does it still read http://www.site.com/ or does it read http://www.site.com/index.php before you hit refresh?)

If you get 404, it's the web server telling the browser it can't find the page.  So it shouldn't be a permissions issue or anything with PHP.INI (although I'd check to make sure...  IIS may not have permissions to read things from C:\WINNT for security reasons... by default at least... or could be that owner/group is now "jay" or "users" instead of "system" or whatever it needs to be for IIS to have access to the PHP.INI file.. I forget the exact permissions).

If removing C:\WINNT\PHP.INI doesn't work.. or isn't an option... and permissions look ok...  then I'm not sure.  But drop a line back when you've messed around with it some more and maybe we can figure it out.

-TG