RE: PHP Cache (was PHP load to high on server)

On Wed, January 18, 2006 9:37 am, Albert wrote:
> For this I wanted to use mmCache (actually I want to use Zend
> Performance
> Suite but first I need to prove that it is worth $ 1000 per CPU and
> from the
> stats on the mmCache site mmCache is faster...) but it seems that the
> mmCache project has been abandoned as there have been no work done on
> it
> since 2003.

Errr.

I wouldn't really trust stats on mmCache site saying mmCache is
faster, unless you can corraborate them with independent unbiased
sources.

Ditto for stats on Zend site!

More importantly, you can still (I assume) try the Zend Cache for free
for 30 days or whatever it is.

Prediction:
Zend Cache will probably at least double the overall speed of your
application.

There are MANY factors that go into that prediction, and your PHP
usage may be anamolous in some way I'm missing.  But for what you
describe, I'm predicting 200% performance improvement.

YMMV

NAIAA

IANAL

--