RE: PHP Cache (was PHP load to high on server)

http://eaccelerator.net/HomeUk
Actually, is the former mmCache with a new team of developers and some impovements.
The last known version of mmCache I've played with one week ago core dumped the httpd on ./apachectl stop.
The last stable version of eAccelerator (0.9.3, I think) works like a charm with PHP 4.4.2 / Apache 1.3.4

Stefan

Albert wrote:

I also want an opcode cache to cache the compiled pages on the server in an
attempt to speed up the HTTP server.

For this I wanted to use mmCache (actually I want to use Zend Performance
Suite but first I need to prove that it is worth $ 1000 per CPU and from the
stats on the mmCache site mmCache is faster...) but it seems that the
mmCache project has been abandoned as there have been no work done on it
since 2003.

Can someone confirm this or recommend an alternate cache (doesn't have to be
free but should break the bank) which will do what I want?
Albert